Thursday 29 June 2017

Back to the front!

Before I messed around with the carb and exhaust on the SR I thought it would look better with a 21" front wheel and longer forks. I'd discovered through surfing the bay of fools that Honda XL185 Marzocchi forks were the same diameter as the ones on the Yam. This meant that I wouldn't have to mess around adapting some Honda yokes. Also because they are leading axle, the front end wouldn't be jacked up at a daft angle, they would just extend the wheelbase a little. What I didn't realise was the Yam yokes are 16mm wider than the Honda ones, so when the front wheel arrived I had to make new spacers, adapt a spindle and extend the brake plate to meet an equally extended fork leg boss.

7 comments:

  1. Excellent work. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, glad you like it and thank you!

      Delete
    2. No problem, glad you like it and thank you!

      Delete
  2. Looks mighty funky! Does that mean you have a spare SR250 frontwheel and drum kicking about...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, are you looking for one? Drop me line to andy@benchdonkees.com

      Delete
    2. Yes, are you looking for one? Drop me line to andy@benchdonkees.com

      Delete
  3. You've got mail plus a bit of background info...

    ReplyDelete